Thursday, December 3, 2009

To our wounded world and those in despair


Sometimes our lives are disrupted.

Things happen beyond our control.

We fell that our life has turned upside down and the rug has been pulled out from under us.

We realize that things will never be the same again and we become anxious about the future wondering what will happen to us and the ones we love.

It is at these times that we must become people of faith for what else is there?

We need to reassure outsleves that one way or another, sooner or later, come hell or high water, we will get things on a better track and that life somehow will be worth living once again.

I always loved the Beatles song, "I'll buy with a little help from my friends."

You are not alone. You have friends. People, perhaps, you haven't even met yet.

Unitarian Universalists understand.

We believe that every person has inherent worth and dignity.

We believe in justice, equity, and compassion.

We have a reverence for the interdependent web of all existence of which we all are a part.

Most of all, we believe in love and universal salvation.

You have a home with us where we know about suffering and grief, and we also know about the flowers.

1 comment:

  1. "I'll buy with a little help from my friends."

    I'm not sure I buy that David. ;-)

    I am pretty sure you meant - "I'll get by with a little help from my friends."

    ReplyDelete

Print Friendly and PDF