Monday, December 13, 2010

Chalica, Day 7, Repsect For The Interdendent Web Of All Existence Of Which We Are A Part

Yesterday, Sunday, was the last day of Chalica. Chalica runs for 7 days from the first Monday of December to the following Sunday. On each day of Chalica, one of the 7 principles of Unitarian Universalism is celebrated.

The last day we celebrate the 7th principle which is, in my words, "we're all in this together" and "nobody gets out alive".

We, in our egoism, often forget that we are part of something much greater than ME. My navel is not the center of the universe. I don't get to trash the place while I am living here.

In Christianity I was taught that I was part of the Body Of Christ. In Unitarian Universalism I have been taught that I am part of the interdependent web.

As humans we don't act like we are aware of this. It will take the consciousness and witness of Unitarian Universalists and others to raise human consciousness so we don't destroy our planet.

Bruce Cockburn, The Last Night Of The World

No comments:

Post a Comment

Print Friendly and PDF