Friday, April 27, 2018

Is there such a thing as time?

As a student of A Course In Miracles I have learned that there is no such thing as time. Time, the Course teaches, is merely a mechanism of the ego which gets created to provide a sense of control in the physical world.

I have noticed that time can fly and that time stands still. Sometimes I get a sense that time is timeless.

I get asked often, "Do you have the time?" or I say, "I'm sorry I don't  have the time."

I have said, "I'm sorry I'm late I don't know where the time has gone."

I say at 5 minutes before the end of a therapeutic hour, "Our time is about up, is there anything else you would like to discuss before we finish?" This leads to the observation that time is a commodity and has a value that lawyers and psychotherapists charge for. If I allow a session to run over, often the client will ask if there is an additional charge? I become flummoxed and wonder, "Golly gee, what is my time worth? Was allowing the session to run over worth the time?"

At the age of 72 I think every day about how much time I have left in this life? At at my age I often say, "There was a time when ......"

There of course is transitional time and a time to be born, a time to die, a time to laugh, and a time to cry. A time to come and a time to go, a time for fast and a time for slow. A time for later and a time for now, a time that's precious and a time that's tao.

Kurt Vonnegut said in his old age that he realized the purpose of life is farting around. God bless Kurt! So if anyone told me to do it now, I would gently laugh and say, "Silly man/woman....." ðŸ˜€


No comments:

Post a Comment

Print Friendly and PDF